THE HAPPINESS REGISTER GAME
The Purpose of the Game
By using the concepts outlined in the “Context of the Happiness Register Game” , we will coach our stakeholders and participants to re-invent themselves as leaders. When we all engage in daily structured gratitude and acknowledgment conversations with our stakeholders, we will be actively elevating the levels of happiness and effectiveness across our stakeholder domains wherever that may be.
We will manage the game by closely following the metrics, and at all times be engaged in forwarding the game towards fulfilling the final conditions of satisfaction, which is a happier and more productive world.
In playing the game, we as leaders and participants will re-invent ourselves as leaders who can make the impossible happen. We intend to take the game world-wide, causing a groundswell of happiness, gratitude, effectiveness and net benefit realization. Why? Because we said we could and we say it will have a positive impact on society and be a contribution from us all.
The Final Conditions of Satisfaction
The final conditions of satisfaction that will enable the game to be won by December 31st, 2019 are:
- 100 participants engaging in structured conscious leadership conversations with their stakeholders
- 9 Customers playing their own “Happiness Register Game”
- $3.0+ Million Stakeholder Net Benefit Realization
- 500 hours Consulting to get the job done
- 4000 Conscious Leadership Conversations impacting the measurable happiness of recipients and leaders from a baseline of 3.21 in June 2019.
We all get the power by taking an impossible stand for an impossible future, by speaking and listening and acting from our stand, which results in others standing with us.
The Metrics of the Game
- Number of Client Game Plans, online Signature Character Strengths, and Authentic Happiness Inventories completed. (Quarterly starting in May 2019)
- Conscious Leadership Conversations completed (The Conversations follow a format – beginning, middle and end with acknowledgment, gratitude, kindness, and generosity incorporated within every conversation.)
- The Happiness Register increases in average happiness in 2019
- Increased Organizational Benefits Declared Realized pro-rated due to the increase in happiness and working to signature strengths.
- Number of Client Referrals for “The Happiness Register Game”,
- Number of Testimonials of playing The Happiness Register Game”,
- Number of The Happiness Register Workshops led,
- 500 Consulting hours do get the job done
- Number of The Happiness Register Packs registered
- Happiness Register up to date and published monthly on empathinko.com/the-happiness-register/
Based on the Concept of The Conscious Leader and Conscious Organisation, your Primary Stakeholders include:
- Team Members
- Vendors and Suppliers
- The Board/Leaders
- Your Community and environmental responsiveness
The Progress Milestones as of June 2019
How to Participate
If you or your company want to participate in The Happiness Register Game, here is what you have to do:
- Contact Us
- Register as a member in The Happiness Register Game
- Download The Happiness Register Game Pack
- Participate in a Game Owner Workshop (online or onsite)
- Update the results every two weeks
- Go forth and start causing a wave of happiness world-wide
The Context of The Happiness Register Game
Empathinko has based The Happiness Register Game on the principles of executive re-invention, authored and developed by Robert Hargrove in his book I Coach (in a Book) Mastering the Trickiest Leadership, Business, and Career Challenges I Will Ever Face, co-written with Michael Renaud, and Tracy Goss author of Re-Invention: For People Who Want to Change the World, and The Last Word on Power (Doubleday 1996)
We have developed the Conscious Leadership term from Werner Erhard’s Being a Leader Program (Conscious Leadership is about creating a future, a desired state to live into that wasn’t just going to happen anyway. This created future or desired state contributes to or satisfies the important issues of all stakeholders. Conscious Leadership contributes multiple kinds of value simultaneously, because it understands the inter-relationship between all stakeholders. – Whistler BC in 2012) and the concept of Conscious Organisations from the book Conscious Capitalism (Mackey and Sisodia ~ 2005)
We have now combined the previous concepts outlined with a gold-standard research study of five positive psychology interventions and a placebo group, those participants randomly placed in a group to deliver a gratitude acknowledgment experienced the strongest initial increase in happiness. (Seligman et al, 2005)
Just like some people take an anti-anxiety pill when they need a quick dose of calmness (e.g., before going on an airplane), this exercise might be useful for those clients looking for a quick boost in happiness. One study found that those who delivered a gratitude acknowledgment experienced a higher level of humility than those who performed a neutral activity (Kruse, Chancellor, Ruberton, & Lyubomirsky, 2014).
The practice of gratitude has emerged as a character strength that can be boosted fairly easily and with several positive benefits. There are many activities surrounding gratitude. The principles of The Happiness Register Game is one of the most commonly discussed, researched, and applied. (Niemiec, Ryan M.. Character Strengths Interventions (p. 202). Hogrefe Publishing)
The Happiness Register Game structured conversation is our version of a conversation created by Robert Kegan; Lisa Laskow Lahey. How the Way We Talk Can Change the Way We Work: Seven Languages for Transformation and is to be generated as a gratitude and acknowledgment conversation: This conversation is about finding a way of expressing acknowledgment and gratitude to another person so that the other person is left empowered by what you said. It isn’t about finding ways to compliment people, or getting people on-side by buttering them up. It is about expressing your experience of another’s value using the information that one’s actions have grateful significance; it infuses energy into the system. It:
- Communicates appreciation or admiration directly to the person
- Communicates specific information to the person about the speaker’s personal experience of appreciation/admiration
- Non-attributive; characterizes the speaker’s experience, and not the person being appreciated
- Sincere and authentic; more halting, freshly made
- Transformational potential for both the speaker and the person being regarded